More Letters of Support Needed for Drug and Alcohol Counselor Licensure Legislation

Written by CAARR on . Posted in Latest News

CAADAC/CAARR-sponsored legislation Senate Bill 570 (DeSaulnier) will create a license for AOD counselors so that they will be recognized as a resource for providing services under the Affordable Care Act. The license will be mandatory for anyone operating a private practice. This legislation will address the unregulated market of AOD services in private practice. Finally, every counselor in California providing AOD services will be required to be licensed or certified to work in California.

We need your help. We need as many letters as possible from individuals that support drug and alcohol counselors being licensed in the state of California. You don't have to be a drug and alcohol counselor to write a letter. Anyone can write a letter that supports this effort and it only takes two minutes. To send a letter, click the take action link.

Please pass this on to as many people as possible. To send a letter of support from a school, business, agency or program, please visit CAADAC and CAARR's S.B. 570 program support letter page here. To view the bill in its entirety, click here.

CAS Certification 2014-2015 Renewals

Written by CAARR on . Posted in CAS Certification

CAS and CAS II Certification Renewals
for 2014 are coming up...

To avoid late fees submit now

  • Documentation of 20 CEHs including 3 hours of Ethics/Confidentiality.
  • We DO NOT accept faxed renewals.  Please mail your CAS renewal
  • Payment of renewal fee, made payable to CAARR
  • Sign and return the renewal form(downloadable below) with payment
  • Renewals received after July 1, 2014 or incomplete packages will delay your renewal and result in penalties

Registration and Orientation

Written by CAARR on . Posted in Latest News

ccco-logoBeginning March 1, 2014, prior to registering with a certifying organization a person shall complete a nine-hour orientation course consisting of three hours each of ethics, professional boundaries, and confidentiality

Each certifying organization shall require pre-registrants to take the orientation course from an approved education provider.


Written by CAARR on . Posted in CAS Certification

Your renewal for CAS Registration must be accompanied by your bill.

If you have lost it you may download the form you need here:

CAS Registration renewal billing

DHCS Uniform Code of Conduct

Please fill in your Registration number, Name and Address.  Also include a signed copy of the Uniform Code of Conduct.

Sending in an unsigned renewal with incomplete information or lack of payment will delay processing of your renewal.